Monday, February 27, 2006

Just Because

Now that I have succeeded in preventing Sela from quitting writing, I find the prospect more and more appealing. Actually, it's not that I need a break from writing, more like I need a break from "writing related activities". I need to scale back on my extra-curricular activities. I need to learn how to say no.

I cleaned my side of the office yesterday. I've got new files, pretty storage baskets, and a reduced TBR file. Two fabulous finds in my clutter: a $60 rebate form from CibaVision, which I sent out today (one day before the deadline), and my copy of The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.

It occurs to me that these are signs. I ask for signs all the time, but I think God usually sends them in Japanese. I don't even need them to be in English. I could make it out in Spanish, but Japanese, nope. Anyway, I am grateful. And I know I have to get back to basics, back to the joy of writing, back to feeling creative and special. Not because I must. Just because.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Another fabulous Julia Cameron book is Walking In This World. I really liked it.

Woo hoo for getting your office cleaned up - I really need to do that! And as far as stepping back - we all do it. Sometimes a gal just needs to have some space! LOL

Sela Carsen said...

Whew! I thought I was going to have to come in here with a reciprocal butt-kicking! Congrats on cleaning out your office. I did that a few days ago and it feels so spacious now. Enjoy your newly found book!

Anonymous said...

Just because, that's how you always are. You really don't need a reason. Now about your signs, you know it runs in the family. However, whenever, whatever comes is meant to be. As I always say, which ever path you go down, it's the right path for you at that time.

Shelli Stevens said...

How did you get such a great blog design? I'm sooo bored with mine but know nothing about HTML! Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog!