Friday, June 17, 2005

My TBR pile

I went to Barnes & Noble this evening. I bought 7 books (5 for me, 2 for hubby - although, I'll read his books, too!), and it occurred to me that while the name of my blog is Reading, Writing, and Romance, I never write about reading.

I read a lot more than I write. And I have my reasons.

  1. I can read a book in about a day. I can write a book in about a year. (But, I'm really, really, really going to try to finish the NaNoWriMo this year)!
  2. I can read a book, write the book review and add a publishing credit to my resume.
  3. Reading is easier to multi-task than writing. For instance, I can read while walking on the treadmill at the gym where writing is just not an option.

So there you have it - What I'm currently reading:

  • The Rebel Bride by Catherine Coulter (My first Regency!)
  • The Laser Age by Justin Tussing (A short story in the current New Yorker).
  • True to Form by Elizabeth Berg

My TBR pile:

  • The Lie That Tells a Truth by John Dufresne
  • The Big Love by Sarah Dunn
  • Remember When by Nora Roberts & JD Robb
  • All He Ever Wanted by Anita Shreve
  • Dirty Little Secrets by Julie Leto (Go Tampa!)
  • How I Stole Her Husband by Liz Ireland
  • Plus, a shopping bag filled with books my friend Janet gave me.

- and I've finally written about reading!

No comments: