Thursday, June 09, 2005

Happy Thoughts

Can you believe all the haters? I don't know what's going on at those RWA board meetings, but these so-called Graphical Standards has everyone in an uproar. I don't write erotica, but if I did, I'd be pissed when RWA took my money and then tried to exclude me.

It's a shame that we as women writers do not support each other.
  • Curtis Sittenfeld(a woman and author of Prep), virtually bitch slapped Melissa Bank in the New York Times Book Review this past Sunday. (Thanks to my fellow Philadelphian, Jennifer Weiner for translating said review).

  • And consider Word of Mouth, an Association of Women Authors, actively lobbying Oprah to include contemporary fiction in her new book club offerings. But they should call themselves an Association of Women Authors Who Write Literary Fiction Only Thank You Very Much because they failed to include commercial authors in their collective.
I always thought RWA was inclusive. Really, we Romance Writers are the bane of the literary world, but our organization respects and supports us. At least I thought they did. Hmmm.

No comments: