Friday, February 12, 2010

Did I Really Say I Was in Decent Shape?

The plan was to step up my training this week. Normally, I walk 2 miles at a pace of a 3.7 - 4.0 miles per hour. Then I do some strength training and maybe a few laps in the pool. But, I need to start increasing the walking distance and aim for a pace of about 3 miles per hour. Times I've been to the gym this week? Big. Fat. Zero.

Instead of going to the gym, I have been researching fundraising ideas. Since, I'm already booked for a Pampered Chef party, I called my consultant, and we are going to make my party a fundraiser. If you are interested in some great cookware or gadgets (I love the crinkle cutter!), click Here
for my Pampered Chef party page. Or stop by on Feb. 28th. My proceeds will go to Susan G. Komen for the Cure.

I actually have a pretty good excuse for not working out. It's not that I'm too busy with fundraising - it's snow. Last Saturday, we got pummeled with 28 and 1/2 inches. Then on Wednesday, another 18 inches. Now, I'm no math genius, but that's almost 4 feet of snow! It's been kind of hard to get around the city. And that's not mentioning the injuries.

Right, the injuries. Somehow, I managed to throw my back out. Not from shoveling snow, of course. I threw my back out just getting out of bed Thursday morning. Now, I know it probably is from all the shoveling. That snow is heavy. I really have a long way to go in the upper body strength department.

As long as there's no snow, it's back to the gym I go.

No comments: